Beta Release 8.0 (beta 19) (locked)

Subscribe to Beta Release 8.0 (beta 19) 2,533 post(s), 766 voice(s)

Pages:

Avatar DanielTakesOver 5 post(s)

Thank you so much for your hard work! Keep up the great work! I will continue my business with BiteSMS :)

Obviously with everything coming out of the blue like this, there is still going to be some work that needs to be done before it works. but I was wondering if maybe we could see a screen capture of what the app and Quick Reply look like now. Maybe the new redesigned icon too?

Just got my iPhone 5 ios 7.0.4 jailbroke any beta yet? I added source cydia.bitesms.com and no version 8

with jailbreak back in the game, im back to BiteSMS Forums. :)

Avatar Martin Administrator 7,715 post(s)

No mobile substrate working yet. But seeing if we can get a working beta out in a few hours.

You’re the best Martin will be happy to see what gets pumped out :D. Bitesms basically IS my reason for jailbreaking my phone and has been for a long time.

pogglywoggly, same here

We’re waiting Saurik update MobileSubstrate for full compatible w/ iOS 7.x
https://twitter.com/saurik

Martin, would the beta work for the iPhone 5? From my understanding, Substrate doesn’t work on the A7 chip (because 64 bit), but I haven’t seen a solid answer for other devices.

I’m waiting the beta :P

We have overcome mobile substrate not being ready, but are having some issues with 64 bit compilation. After about 10hours we have finally got biteSMS compiled. But there are some runtime issues, which are much harder to fix.

Best guess is a few days to get this sorted. Rest assured, it’s taken us all by surprise, but we have been working on biteSMS on iOS 7 for many months now, it’s not 100%, but I’d say it’s ready for Beta, about 85% there.

I’ll keep you updated here, but in the meantime have a Merry Christmas!

Best guess 28 Dec.

Cool thanks Mart!

Should we expect the beta to be out within the day or by the 28th?

Happy to be back and waiting for the new BiteSMS

My very first stop after jailbreaking. The jailbreak wouldn’t be worth it without BiteSms!

Can’t wait til the new bitesms drops! The greatest txt app ever cretaed for any mobile platform hands down!! SO is the 28th a go? Cause I can’t take dealing with this stock messaging app for too much longer!! lol X___X

Happy to be back! I used bitesms since iOS 5 but when iOS 7 came in beta, i switch but now i’m back and waiting for Mobile substrate to work and bitesms as well =D

Best guess the 28th but until it’s done we won’t know it’s ready! Best guess at this stage.

Wooohoooo!! Thank you Martin and team!! I’m on JBken iOS 6.1 and wouldn’t go to iOS 7 even if ALL tweaks in the world worked unless BiteSMS worked as well 😊 I’m eagerly awaiting my friend, great work as always!! The day you release it, that’s the day I get on the iOS 7 bandwagon.

AI228 i’d upgrade to iOS 7 asap you never know when apple is going to release a new update and stop signing 7.0.4 and then you’ll be stuck on iOS 6

Thank god for your updates. I refuse to update to iOS 7 if theres a jailbreak without BiteSMS support. Its essentially the only reason I jailbreak, along with shrink, nitrous and more icons.

Hello pogglywoggly, I am with you there, I have my fingers crossed for Apple to take at least 2 to 3 weeks to release the newest update since by that time almost everything will be ready and updated in Cydia, especially Bite. I’m counting on Apple leaving a window of at least 1 to 2 hours of signing 7.0.4 after they release the new update. I will run like Forrest from wherever I’m at and update to 7.0.4 during that time. The bad thing now is that I find myself checking online every 30 mins or so (all damn day long lol) to make sure no new iOS is released yet. But I thank you for your concern my friend 😊

Seen this mockup and thought it would be PERFECT.

http://imgur.com/a/wZso2

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/1tirl7/bitesms_ios_7_mockup/

Those are indeed very nice looking

That mock up looks incredible. Everything in it looks like it should belong in stock iOS 7. Nothing looks out of place. I’d happily update my license to have that.

Next Page

Pages: