Beta Release 7.6 (beta 8) (locked)

Subscribe to Beta Release 7.6 (beta 8) 368 post(s), 114 voice(s)

Pages:

Dan- That was a Safe Mode crash. The display should have told you so. When that happens, the phone acts as if it is “normal.” The phone should have shown you on a top display that it was in Safe Mode and asked if you wanted to exit it. Go to SBSettings>Power and you will see a button to put you there intentionally. It’s a way for the phone to handle an issue with something you did with the phone (installing something it doesn’t like) or an indication that a couple of mobile substrate items are not playing nice with each other. If you get locked out of the phone because of something you install, going to Safe Mode is a way to get back in and fix things.

Been experiencing a lot of crashes lately. Usually when pressing send and another text coming in simultaneously.

When clicking on a picture in a message convo, it shows the bottom ad bar (Like biteSMS? Then click to support us!) even though I’ve purchased a full licence.

Every time I send or receive a message (iMessage or SMS), there phone ‘skips’. If there’s audio playing, the audio will skip. I’m using an iPhone 5.

Any word on Beta 9?

Lately have had texts come in on my i4 on the lock screen, and when I attempt to reply, all buttons are unresponsive. I had to slide to unlock and go to the main app screen. This has happened perhaps three times, so a minority, but still…. I’ve uninstalled the beta and gone back to the last release.

I have reinstalled 7.5 and the contact look up issues with quick compose being very slow are gone. Please fix this prior to releasing 7.6 or in Beta 9 and I’ll be happy to continue to test.

What’s strange about this bug is I believe it just showed up two days ago – I installed Beta 8 the day it came out but not until this past week has this bug showed it’s head.

BiteSMS is turning off my notifications for messaging. I go to notifications and turn on the popup notification and as soon as I close the settings app, it reverts to ‘none.’ If I disable BiteSMS mobilesubrate addons, the setting sticks.

Is this normal?

Ver 7.6 Beta 8

Log message:

ASLMessageID = 9128
Level = Warning
Time = Jul 30, 2013, 23:30:19
TimeNanoSec = 179218000
Sender = biteSMS
Facility = com.bitesms
PID = 454
Message = overwrite_dynamic_dict Couldn’t overwrite existing dynamic dictionary /var/mobile/Library/Keyboard/dynamic-text.dat: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 “The operation couldn’t be completed. (Cocoa error 513.)” UserInfo=0×21161f10 {NSFileNewItemLocationKey=file://localhost/var/tmp/dynamic-text.dat.WVmfQ0, NSFileOriginalItemLocationKey=file://localhost/var/mobile/Library/Keyboard/dynamic-text.dat, NSUnderlyingError=0×2114af60 “The operation couldn’t be completed. Permission denied”, NSURL=file://localhost/var/mobile/Library/Keyboard/dynamic-text.dat}
ReadUID = 501

I started seeing an exclamation mark and resetting it in ‘About’ doesn’t help. I haven’t yet reset all the settings as I want to avoid it, but will do it if I have to, just rather not.

Any news for us about the next beta 9 or 7.6 will be public released on BigBoss?
Thanks Devs

FYI,
Thanks & BRs,

Preview: iRealSMS beta with iOS 7 inspired QuickReply
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/08/07/irealsms-beta-ios-7-inspired-quickreply/

Any chance qr/QC could properly send across the user typing status notification to the other party?

No news for Beta 9 ?

Avatar Martin Administrator 7,720 post(s)

We have stopped work on iOS 6 in order to be ready for iOS 7, typically it takes us about 6-months to ‘rewrite / port’ it across. So far so good.

Avatar Martin Administrator 7,720 post(s)

See http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/6539#post_53152

Pages: