Release 6.0 (beta 19) (locked)

Subscribe to Release 6.0 (beta 19) 1,479 post(s), 373 voice(s)

Pages:

Teasing us for so long :( you knew we were refreshing like mad!

Excited to test!

Edit: My phone refuses to boot after trying to perform the tethered boot via sn0wbreeze.. guess I have to restore heh. Maybe I can narrow down what went wrong..

Edit2: Not sure what went wrong, but it all works fine now :) (After restoring)

thanks @Martin & biteSMS Team :) you guys ROCK!!!

Nice, really nice! :)

i had a old version of the preference plist-file and there the passcode-lock was activated and it worked in the new version, although the settings said it is not yet implemented. :)

And just for info, if you do not perform a tethtered boot after installing and close the application, you will not be able to launch it again, unless you do the tethered boot. ;)

Would love to see a few screenshots if anyone has a chance :)!

Just loaded it up a few mins ago and quickly tested QC + QR. When you said animations were slow I was scared it would be absurdly slow, but it turns out they’re not so bad at all. For a beta release, this is really good. Obviously some functionality isn’t present in the rest of the app itself, but at least we have the main features to work with!

Hats off to you and your team Martin. I can’t wait to see what the updates will bring!

Screen Shots Please !!
Or Test Video !! If Possible !!

I wanna See How it looks Before Trying !! As Right now im not on iOS 5 Beta !!

Thanks in advance

Gr8 Work Martin & Team :)
+1 Always :)

@Ben T

See : New iOS 5 Quick Compose :)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

@thanhnh091 Wow !! Nice !! Thanks !! Please If possible Make A Video Or More Screen Shot !!

AweSome Work Martin !!
i Loved It :)

Can’t Wait For Public Release !!

Keep It Up :)

“And just for info, if you do not perform a tethtered boot after installing and close the application, you will not be able to launch it again, unless you do the tethered boot. ;)”

Took me forever to realize it xD other then that it hits my needs perfectly

Nice! Someone post a screen shot of quick reply.

Hey ! Great new look !

Is it normal that it’s distorded on 3G S ?

I didn’t have to boot tethered by the way, since the jailbreak is untethered on the old 3G S.

It’s great! Gratz and thanks! :)

First bug… I have enabled only 2 buttons in quick replay and:

What a wonderful day! Polish Apple Online Store and BiteSMS :D

Anybody know how to change the icon. Went into Ifile and it looks different. Thanks Martin. BiteSms is the best. Missed it..

@artpena2323: I did it as always – copy four .png to biteSMS’ folder and rebot. Respring didn’t work for me.

Thanks @EKCI

@EKCI. I went into IFILE and didnt find all four .png. I saw 2 but not all 4. Any sugg?

Does the new beta release work on iPad as well? Or just iPhones? still looking for a message application for iPad besides Swirly

@artpena2323: just paste these files to biteSMS’ folder:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MWKJUASJ

@EKCI thanks!! thought this could not be done…
but performing a reboot just for changing the icon is stupid, but i think we always have to perform a reboot, when an update will be released…

Thanks biteSMS! Prior pirate, just bought a license to show support. Keep up the great work :D

Nice update. It’s now possible to change the icons without having to reboot ;)

I’ve found a litte bug, if you have enabled the conversation picture, it ist sometimes soo small that you acnnot see it. but if you change between carrier and bie network by holding the send button, the pic suddenly appears.

Hello !

Like i said yesterday, the SD version of the QC window is glitchy, so i quickly made a new qc-shadow.png to temporarily fix it. I thought it may be useful for other 3GS owners, so i uploaded it ;)

Here is a Before/After example :

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4199/beforeafters.png

And here is the qc-shadow.png : http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8746/qcshadow.png

Its not perfect at all (especially in landscape mode, the shadow is cropped), but it’s better than the buggy one, waiting for biteSMS team to fix it properly ;)
Hope this helps !

@Phlo

I just came here to ask about that, had to sign up just to thank you.

Cheers for the fix bro.

@Martin

biteSMS is the reason I jailbreak. Keep up the amazing work, I’ve been waiting just for bite so I could test iOS 5 and I am VERY impressed. I thank you sir.

Can Any One Be Kind Enough To Make Video + Nice Screen Shots Of This Release !!

Please Thanks In Adv.

Just wanted to say its crazy that this considered a beta. I’ve had it for over 24hrs now and this is an extremely stable release. Excellent work Martin. I can’t imagine how they’re gonna improve on this, it seems just as stable or even more so than previous releases. Best app on the iPhone

Next Page

Pages: