Release 6.0 (beta 19) (locked)

Subscribe to Release 6.0 (beta 19) 1,479 post(s), 373 voice(s)

Pages:

Avatar Martin Administrator 7,685 post(s)

Works on iPhone and iPod devices for iOS 5 and iPhone devices for iOS 4

Add the following Cydia repos: http://cydia.bitesms.com

Final – Released on 16 December (and also sent to BigBoss) contains

biteSMS > Settings > More Stuff > Contact Pics, new setting for Quick Reply.

Now works with Dreamboard.

Bug fixes and known crashes regarding dropping in and out of coverage while sending.

Fixed cydia errors of iOS 4 users.

Beta 18 – released on 8 December contains:

Added ‘Retry on Failed’ feature.

Improved Quick Reply Passcode Protection (more settings and slicker implementation).

Bug fixes.

Almost ready for the FINAL version!

Beta 17 – released on 6 December contains:

Searching from spotlight now works.

Implemented the Repeat feature as part of Scheduled SMS.

We now support keyboards with a candidate bar (like Chinese ones) such that they work properly with QC and QR.

Improved the Buy Credits and Buy License process.

Added an option to also use the Passcode feature in Quick Reply (first draft).

Fixed up performance issue when launching biteSMS that sometimes made it freeze for a while.

Fixed up the SBSettings SMS Alerts toggle to provide full privacy (including no status bar icon). Now shows nothing at lock screen if a message received.

QC is now opened instead of the biteSMS app when the ‘sms:’ URL scheme is called.

Beta 16 – released on 28 November contains:

Added feature to automatically pop-up Quick Reply in lock screen. See Settings > Quick Reply > Auto Show Quick Reply

Implemented Scheduled SMS (repeats not yet completed, but coming soon)

Fixed (!) issue on lock screen – see http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/4277?page=3#post_38024

Fixed a heap of bugs and improved passcode lock feature.

Beta 15 – released on 15 November contains:

Added new method to launch Quick Compose, see bottom right of Notification Center.

In the lock screen tapping a message to show the (x) close icon now displays this on all messages.

Status bar icon now displays correctly in all apps.

Made the (x) close icon clearer to use.

The diacritics feature no longer applies for iMessages.

We no longer show the character counter for iMessages.

Beta 14 – released on 14 November contains:

Fixed heaps of bugs – remaining ones are: http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/4355#post_38716

When using the ‘Hide Messages App’ feature, the Apple settings for Messages are not also hidden.

Fixed the annoying ringtone repeat bug when opening biteSMS on occasions.

NEW: In lock screen you can ‘synchronize’ the lock-screen list of ‘Missed Messages’ with your Notifications Center list of ‘Unactioned Messages’ by pressing the biteSMS status icon. This is useful if you have locked your phone, but want to action a message you left in the Notification Center for replying too later.

Beta 13 – released on 1 November contains:

Fixed heaps of bugs – remaining ones are: http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/4355#post_38716

Improvements (after first launched) to QR and QC performance.

Fixed memory leakage in QR and QC.

Added ‘Dim When Done’ Quick Reply Setting.

Brightened up the (x) icon on lock screen away list

Beta 12 – released on 26 October contains:

Lots more bug fixes.

In Notification Center, added ability to quickly dismiss specific messages via new (x) icon.

In lock screen away list, when biteSMS icon pressed, we now for a few seconds show an (x) icon to allow easy dismissal.

Contact pic is now always shown in Quick Reply, regardless of keyboard displayed or not displayed mode.

Smileys are now rendered correctly in lock screen, notification center and quick reply modes.

Fixed crash when using certain keyboards, like Hebrew.

Beta 11 – released on 20 October contains:

Finally fixed iMessage issue with email addresses!

We now encrypt the passcode lock code.

Fixed dimming logic on lock screen when messages actioned.

Beta 10 – released on 19 October contains:

Bug fixes.

Fixed iMessage bug where biteSMS does not recognize some iMessage recipients.

Beta 9 – released on 18 October contains:

Lots of bug fixes and polishing of features.

New feature in QC and QR settings, configure number of buttons you prefer per page.

Still lots to do, but getting there, also updated http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/4355#post_38715

Beta 8 – released on 14 October contains:

Fixed crash.

Fixed funny QC and QR lock-screen rendering issues.

Fixed QR privacy issues.

Beta 7 – released on 13 October contains:

Lots more bug fixes.

NEW: In Notification Center the (x) then (Clear) now marks all messages as read (as it seems to cause lots of confusion for users, even though that’s standard behavior). This is a setting in biteSMS, Quick Reply.

NEW: Choose either normal biteSMS icon or the Apple Messages one. In Settings, More Stuff.

NEW: Ability to hide the Apple Messages app icon. In Settings, More Stuff.

QR will now automatically display the KB when you invoke QR (from notifications center or lockscreen list) assuming all the text can be read in this mode. Otherwise the KB is not displayed so that long texts can be more easily read.

Improved QR and QC performance.

Beta 6 – released on 11 October contains:

Lots and lots more bug fixes

Cleaned up Setting screens.

On iPod devices (and later iPad) you can now purchase a license to remove the ads.

Implemented the auto-forward feature.

Now works with the iPhoneDelivery app (now uses that apps settings exclusively)

Beta 5 – released on 5 October contains:

More bug fixes.

Searching inside the biteSMS application now works correctly.

Passcode lock has now been implemented.

Now works on iOS 4 (in effect a packaged version of Release 5.5).

Works on GM version.

Beta 4 – released on 27 September contains:

Heap of bug fixes.

Added support for abbreviations in QC and QR button strings – see http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/4277?page=4#post_38029

Forwarding feature now partially implemented (Edit, Forward works now).

Beta 3 – released on 21 September contains:

biteSMS app badge count now updates instantly (no delay).

Fixed QC and QR low-res (3G/3GS) graphics distorted

Fixed some bugs.

Beta 2 – released on 20 September contains:

Now works on iPod.

Install no longer requires a reboot.

Fixed bug in Quick Compose and Quick Reply, where buttons could be incorrectly displayed.

Beta 1 – released on 19 September contains:

First release.

Main issues still being worked on:

A number of features are yet to be implemented (it tells you which ones if you try to use them).

Animations are still slow / incorrect in a number of places, especially Quick Compose and Quick Reply.

Search crashes at present.

Badge is slow to ‘update itself’.

Currently does not work on iPad.

Teasing us for so long :( you knew we were refreshing like mad!

Excited to test!

Edit: My phone refuses to boot after trying to perform the tethered boot via sn0wbreeze.. guess I have to restore heh. Maybe I can narrow down what went wrong..

Edit2: Not sure what went wrong, but it all works fine now :) (After restoring)

thanks @Martin & biteSMS Team :) you guys ROCK!!!

Nice, really nice! :)

i had a old version of the preference plist-file and there the passcode-lock was activated and it worked in the new version, although the settings said it is not yet implemented. :)

And just for info, if you do not perform a tethtered boot after installing and close the application, you will not be able to launch it again, unless you do the tethered boot. ;)

Would love to see a few screenshots if anyone has a chance :)!

Just loaded it up a few mins ago and quickly tested QC + QR. When you said animations were slow I was scared it would be absurdly slow, but it turns out they’re not so bad at all. For a beta release, this is really good. Obviously some functionality isn’t present in the rest of the app itself, but at least we have the main features to work with!

Hats off to you and your team Martin. I can’t wait to see what the updates will bring!

Screen Shots Please !!
Or Test Video !! If Possible !!

I wanna See How it looks Before Trying !! As Right now im not on iOS 5 Beta !!

Thanks in advance

Gr8 Work Martin & Team :)
+1 Always :)

@Ben T

See : New iOS 5 Quick Compose :)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

@thanhnh091 Wow !! Nice !! Thanks !! Please If possible Make A Video Or More Screen Shot !!

AweSome Work Martin !!
i Loved It :)

Can’t Wait For Public Release !!

Keep It Up :)

“And just for info, if you do not perform a tethtered boot after installing and close the application, you will not be able to launch it again, unless you do the tethered boot. ;)”

Took me forever to realize it xD other then that it hits my needs perfectly

Nice! Someone post a screen shot of quick reply.

Hey ! Great new look !

Is it normal that it’s distorded on 3G S ?

I didn’t have to boot tethered by the way, since the jailbreak is untethered on the old 3G S.

It’s great! Gratz and thanks! :)

First bug… I have enabled only 2 buttons in quick replay and:

What a wonderful day! Polish Apple Online Store and BiteSMS :D

Anybody know how to change the icon. Went into Ifile and it looks different. Thanks Martin. BiteSms is the best. Missed it..

@artpena2323: I did it as always – copy four .png to biteSMS’ folder and rebot. Respring didn’t work for me.

Thanks @EKCI

@EKCI. I went into IFILE and didnt find all four .png. I saw 2 but not all 4. Any sugg?

Does the new beta release work on iPad as well? Or just iPhones? still looking for a message application for iPad besides Swirly

@artpena2323: just paste these files to biteSMS’ folder:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MWKJUASJ

@EKCI thanks!! thought this could not be done…
but performing a reboot just for changing the icon is stupid, but i think we always have to perform a reboot, when an update will be released…

Thanks biteSMS! Prior pirate, just bought a license to show support. Keep up the great work :D

Nice update. It’s now possible to change the icons without having to reboot ;)

I’ve found a litte bug, if you have enabled the conversation picture, it ist sometimes soo small that you acnnot see it. but if you change between carrier and bie network by holding the send button, the pic suddenly appears.

Hello !

Like i said yesterday, the SD version of the QC window is glitchy, so i quickly made a new qc-shadow.png to temporarily fix it. I thought it may be useful for other 3GS owners, so i uploaded it ;)

Here is a Before/After example :

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4199/beforeafters.png

And here is the qc-shadow.png : http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8746/qcshadow.png

Its not perfect at all (especially in landscape mode, the shadow is cropped), but it’s better than the buggy one, waiting for biteSMS team to fix it properly ;)
Hope this helps !

@Phlo

I just came here to ask about that, had to sign up just to thank you.

Cheers for the fix bro.

@Martin

biteSMS is the reason I jailbreak. Keep up the amazing work, I’ve been waiting just for bite so I could test iOS 5 and I am VERY impressed. I thank you sir.

Can Any One Be Kind Enough To Make Video + Nice Screen Shots Of This Release !!

Please Thanks In Adv.

Next Page

Pages: